Supporting software for the facility department of VRT for over a decade.
De Reyerslaan with its iconic communication tower has been the face of Belgian public-service broadcaster VRT since its conception. However, it is not an easy task to manage buildings that were built in the sixties of the previous century to make them meet the demands of producers today. Ultimo has been supporting the facility department of VRT for over a decade. And the software will become even more important when the broadcaster will move house in 2021.
Ultimo points the way to efficient management
The VRT was very ambitious but at the same time carefully phased in the Ultimo software. First Ultimo Lite, for some of the installations in the Radio 2 buildings. The Excel lists were imported into the new system without a hitch. A very easy way to quickly demonstrate the results. Next step: roll out Ultimo per department. And now all 2,000 people working for VRT use one or more modules of Ultimo. E.g. Fleet Management, Building Management or Key Management. As well as removals, projects, reservations, announcing visitors and the service desk.
Results achieved by VRT:
- One integrated platform for all information.
- Easy integration with other software.
- Vital for the execution of daily activities.
- Improved collaboration, communication and expectations
- Increased efficiency
- Operational excellence
- A standardized way of working, which is key for the Operational Excellence program
- Higher availability of assets and a safe workplace
- Better cost control, OPEX as well as CAPEX