Major facility improvements at UMC Utrecht
UMC Utrecht, one of the largest academic hospitals in The Netherlands, has been using Ultimo for years. Ultimo Facility Management is widely used in both back and front offices.
Extensive, and still customer-oriented at UMC Utrecht
To optimise the customer-oriented operations of Facilities, UMC Utrecht began a dedicated project. Ultimo was part of this project. The customer-oriented Facility Service Center that was established when SAP and Ultimo integrated resulted in a huge efficiency increase. Increased transparency and cost consciousness: work orders, orders, payments and schedules are now available in one environment. Customer-focus increased also with the Self-Service portal. More than 14,000 internal clients report their requirements, complaints, requests for information and failures in this portal.
Results UMC Utrecht achieved since working with Ultimo:
- Objectives regarding transparency, custom work, customer-friendliness and cost control were fulfilled.
- Software widely used: from cleaning services to medical technology, from housing to reservations.
- Improved internal communication.
- Improved collaboration, communication and expectations
- Increased efficiency
- Operational excellence
- A standardized way of working, which is key for the Operational Excellence program
- Higher availability of assets and a safe workplace
- Better cost control, OPEX as well as CAPEX