Migros Zürich optimises fleet management with Ultimo
The Migros Zürich Cooperative (Genossenschaft Migros Zürich, GMZ) is the leading provider of groceries and everyday household goods around the Zurich area. While the company was founded in 1941, its origins can be traced back to 1925 when five sales carts delivered goods from the headquarters to the city and to the stores that opened the following years.
Today, Migros Zürich comprises of more than 100 supermarkets as well as numerous specialist shops, partner stores and catering outlets. It has 9,000 employees and a fleet of 75 trucks.
When Migros Zürich constructed a new workshop for carrying out maintenance and repairs on the vehicles in its fleet, it also looked for a solution to optimise order management as the old, in-house developed programme could not meet the needs of the new facility.
Results Migros Zürich achieved:
- Lean management processes.
- Faster and more efficient workshop and maintenance processes.
- Easy access to key data on vehicles and fleet maintenance/repair expenses.
- All information in one place – centrally-managed transparent documentation.
- Improved collaboration, communication and expectations
- Increased efficiency
- Operational excellence
- A standardized way of working, which is key for the Operational Excellence program
- Higher availability of assets and a safe workplace
- Better cost control, OPEX as well as CAPEX