The City of Ghent uses Ultimo Fleet Management a lot.
The Department Facility Management of the City of Ghent, Belgium, manages about 950 vehicles. This department includes city services, police and fire department. Ultimo Fleet Management is used for this extensive fleet. The department uses the software for an extensive administration, work orders and periodical maintenance. But also for the registration of fuelling, damage management and as a reservation tool for pool cars. The Self-Service module makes it easy for staff to create reservations. Previously the department used a lot of different files for all of these processes. Now Ultimo Fleet Management manages them all.
Winner Ultimo Award 2013
A nomination for the Ultimo Award 2013 was the reward for the innovative use of the software and the results Ghent achieved with Ultimo. This price is awarded annually to the most appealing application of Ultimo. The winner is chosen in an online vote by the visitors of the Ultimo User Conference. And the City of Ghent was not only nominated but went on to win the price, with the most votes!
Results the City of Ghent achieved:
- Improved efficiency because only one system is used.
- A good grasp of the technical work.
- More sustainable organisation.
- Improved collaboration, communication and expectations
- Increased efficiency
- Operational excellence
- A standardized way of working, which is key for the Operational Excellence program
- Higher availability of assets and a safe workplace
- Better cost control, OPEX as well as CAPEX